Individual skill scaling. (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 13:54 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It is interesting that you bring up primary only as a more skillful engagement, while my argument would be the opposite. On the assumption cooldowns are shorter universally, a 1v2 or 1v3 where I have a grenade or two means most likely I may have as many as 6 grenades to contend with, depending on the engagement and the temperment of my opponents. I have to wccount for more variables and respond and somehow still come out on top. I would consider that more skillful with more abilities, rather than boiling it down to primaries as the only measure of skill. Map usage, movement, and quality ability use were hallmarks of D1 for me.

I do totally agree on the class abilities lending to some more team oriented play. Or defensive actions. I run towering barricade to block hallways or peak corners, for example. Or to save a teammate from enemies. Healing Rift serves similar for me. I have seen great use of these abilities and I have seen terrible uses. Albeit, I think (other than dodge) they are at about the right rate of charging, unlike the other abilities.

Personal considerations here, mostly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread