I don't see it as a negative, necessarily. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 17:06 (3158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So it's finally happening. Remember years ago when I said that having a game be always online, with mandatory patches by the developers was troubling because we may lose our ability to enjoy old content?

What we lost yesterday:

Peter Dinklage
Blades of Crota
Pack of Wolves
The Main Menu Music
Old weapon balance
My completely insane Purifier VII

I don't know, I find it troublingly transient. I've always hoped that future releases would build upon, rather than wipe out the old. We could decline the patch and still sword fly in Halo 2 campaign or LAN. But if you ever want Black Hammer back, you are out of luck.

Lucas got shit when he tried to rewrite history with Star Wars… and yet Bungie gets a pass? At least with Star Wars you have the laserdiscs…

Yes, we've lost some stuff... but we've gained a lot more. Part of what I enjoy about Destiny is that it is a continuously shifting, evolving entity. It is not the same game now that it was a year ago, and I like that. I might not prefer every single change that comes along, but I enjoy the whole process.

Lucas got shit for the special additions because the majority of the changes he added were for the worse. Destiny hasn't gone in that direction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread