Wiping away the past (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 11, 2015, 01:39 (3157 days ago) @ Leviathan

That brings me to what the point actually is. The point is that a work of art, and all versions or editions of it that are made public, should be preserved and made available forever. This is an ideal, and it's one that often doesn't play nice with practicality, but that doesn't mean people won't or shouldn't keep pursuing it.

I would also love to see great things preserved as they were, but I don't think that ideal should ever become a restriction to the artist.

I didn't say it should.
Do you really think it's a matter of their vision, though? Do you really think their goal is that lofty?
I think it's practicality, and possibly a lack of forethought, and, maybe, an incentive to play on a regular basis so you don't miss things-- admittedly even if it is that's not messing with people's minds on the level of gambling for legendaries, but it's not what I'd call an artistic vision.

I think yes, it is a matter of the vision of Destiny. Overcoming practical challenges, like a voice actor you couldn't get back or limited space/memory for Blades and Wolves, is how that vision remains reality.

If I ever want to make some art or do something I would enjoy, and someone told me I shouldn't do that because it cant be preserved for the future, I would not listen to them. I think if I worry too much about making things last I will miss the present. :)

What if you put your energies into creating something really amazing, which made it into a larger work, then after that work was released, retroactively removed. Your contribution erased by someone else. Would you not feel upset? Betrayed?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread