Wiping away the past (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:42 (3158 days ago) @ Leviathan

Right, but Destiny has chosen to be temporary. They've been pretty much declaring that since the beginning. It may not be what you want it to be, but that's what Destiny is. It's going to continue to be that way.

But art shapes culture. Temporary art means temporary culture.

I'm convinced people are selfish and don't care about the future anymore. I was in a conversation the other day, where the person mentioned that nothing was worth dying for. I said "Really? Nothing?" and they affirmed that. To me that is completely astounding that anyone would consider their own (temporary) existence to be literally the most important thing in the world. What about the ideas and institutions of the world that stood before and will stand after you? Ideas and institutions that improve and protect the lives of billions? That let you live the wonderful life you have now, and will help far more people in the future?

And guess what, art can directly affect these ideas and institutions by contributing to the culture! No wonder people don't care if their art is disposable!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread