Never have kids. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 03:08 (3158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How many 6-person LANs would you be doing per week?

You're just trolling now, seriously.

You wouldn't run raids weekly. Forget all that RNG loot stuff. You get your friends together on PSN, and play the raid, beat it once, maybe beat it again on hard and go on to play something else. Down the line when PSN doesn't support Destiny anymore, you could, if you were sufficiently motivated, do a LAN.

So no, you couldn't do weekly raids, but if the game were designed properly you wouldn't have to. You are stuck thinking about the game on its own always online, waste your time design philosophy. It could be more than that. It could have been greater. You are also confusing online play with always online. I love online play, because it's fun and convenient.

I am not playing the game despite those features, I am playing it BECAUSE of those features.

I like public patrol areas. I like the fact that unlike in Halo, online co-op in Destiny actually works. I like running into other people (but not too many) because it makes the game world feel different than it does in Halo or other games.

You're just saying if the game was different, you'd play it differently (and, apparently, less). Good for you!

You don't want a better game. You want a different game. You want so much for Destiny to be the game you would have made, rather than the one Bungie did make, that you see the game they did make as a pale shadow of the one you thought they should have made, instead of what it is.

I might also have liked the game you would have made, but I would have put it down already and be waiting 3 more years for the next installment. Instead I've gotten bits of new content every few months, and been able to play every week, if not almost every day, for a year.

It's not perfect, but I'm glad they made this game and not the one you wanted. And unlike the game you would have made-- mostly just Halo in a different skin-- this one will most likely continue to improve, instead of just becoming a different game through sequel releases.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread