Wiping away the past (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 17:26 (3158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Peter Dinklage

Yes, and for a pretty good reason, I feel. Making everything coherent with one voice actor was the right choice, I think. Does it suck that we'll never hear Dinklebot in game again? Yes, I think so. I'd love if there was an option for classic Dinklebot for Vanilla content. I get why they wouldn't waste time on it, though.

Blades of Crota
Pack of Wolves

People keep bringing this up, but it doesn't make sense to me. Although, in most contexts people are saying they're losing content they paid for, which isn't true. You got Blades and Wolf packs whether you spent money on DLC or not.

Yes, it sucks that they're gone a bit, but again, I get why they are. You can't just keep adding events to Patrol and leave them there. Eventually you get to the point where there would be a ridiculous amount going on, which, while it might be fun for the first few days, would get tiresome quickly, I think.

And as others have said, it makes sense lore-wise for them to be gone, and it's neat to see different events like that come and go.

The Main Menu Music

It's on the soundtrack. :P

Old weapon balance
My completely insane Purifier VII

This has been true for games for a long time. Many games change weapon balancing. Hell, Halo did this. Granted, it left them alone in the Campaign, and you could decline the updates altogether if you really wanted to, but this seems like a ridiculous thing to complain about. It needed to be done.

I do get where you're coming from. Just on principle, it does suck that no one can go back and have the original Destiny experience. But I don't think it's the worse thing ever, and Destiny is much better now than it was a year ago.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread