Wiping away the past (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 17:17 (3157 days ago) @ General Vagueness

No one's saying they shouldn't have done it, they're saying they should have done it differently.

If they'd done it differently, it would not be what it is or what it was. You want to preserve what it was last September, but unlike a static work of art, it's dynamic and relies/relied in part on live people interacting with it to exist. If you take away that aspect, you're not talking about Destiny any more.

I'm not saying that. Why is this so hard to grasp? I'm fine with change. I don't like things being removed, never to be seen again, especially when those things are fun or took a lot of effort to make. I don't like the inability to choose when there are multiple versions of something.
Again with the false dichotomy too, the choice is not "Destiny as it is" or nothing at all, there are a million different ways they could've done this.

Again, it wouldn't have been Destiny. They've talked about the world changing from the beginning. Get used to things, places, and people going away never to be seen again. That's life. All the more reason to savor each "age" of Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread