Never have kids. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:06 (3157 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by General Vagueness, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:16

I'd be super glad to have a dad who sees me as a necessary evil to perpetuate the species. What a guy.

You're twisting words a bit there.

You're right, they're incomparable, but NOT because having children is moral and you can make logical arguments for it.

Also, my post was obviously largely in jest, but I did make a point, which you avoided. I'll say it even more explicitly. Please, shut up about stuff you don't like about the game when it is the very thing that makes the game what it is and also none of your comments are ever truly positive. You love this game. You know you do, we know you do, the American people know you love this game. You. Fucking love it. It's why you play. It's why when you don't play, you still play. It's why you talk about it constantly. You aren't fooling anyone for a second with the act.

You've never loved something or someone and still wanted it to be better? If anything that makes the flaws more frustrating.

And yet, all you say is negative stuff, and when it's not negative, it's a complisult. And Bungie, of course, is forcing YOU into an abusive relationship. Just shut up with that stuff, dude.

You should know by now nothing anyone says is going to change the reactions or words there. If he's a broken record you're the wall echoing back at the record player (or something).

You're a great community member, obviously.

That's the thing, it's not that obvious. I would say he's not that great, now.

I even like you as a person. But your contributions lately aren't enough to get rid of the boy who cried wolf stigma I associate with your posts. How can anybody ever take anything you say seriously when such a high percentage of it is this bullshit asshole character you put on?

I honestly have not read a post you have written as something that is an actual serious comment for months. Even it out a little bit, or we're all going to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I don't agree with all of that but a lot of it is right I think-- and yet I feel compelled to back him up on this. To me that says we're in dire straits. Don't you think it says something that no one's directly disagreed except one person (you)? It's all "yes, but...". I think the "yes" part is the important part.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread