Some early thoughts on the Division (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 09, 2016, 22:58 (2977 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just some initial ramblings off the top of my head. Anyone else playing it? Thoughts?

Yeah, thanks for the write up! I actually came here tonight to make a post asking for impressions. I played the beta for all of about thirty minutes before I got so bored I turned it off and deleted it, which seemed to be the same thing that happened to you from what you said on the RUL podcast (I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get one at all anytime soon! I'm glad it's back!).

So far, I'd say the combat in the Division is passable at best. Sloppy shooting mechanics, boring weapons, bullet-sponge enemies. I played a couple missions solo and was this close to putting the game down for good.

That about sums up my entire (very limited experience) with the game. I was looking for impressions, because even with my initial disinterest from the beta, it still seems like an interesting game, and I find the Dark Zone really intriguing. But I just can't get past how boring and mediocre the moment-to-moment gameplay is. I've said it before here, so I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but from everything I've seen, this game just isn't for me. That's okay--I'm ultimately better off not adding another huge game to the list of things I need to play, especially one that seems like it'll be following in Destiny's footsteps of trying to get me to play as much as possible. It's just disappointing, because I had high hopes for it. Maybe it's not fair of me to not give it a real shot, but I guess that's just how it is. I've missed out on plenty of great games in the past, so what's one more?

For now, I'll be in Stardew Valley building a farm.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread