Trying to Finish FarCry Primal, then jumping into Division (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 10, 2016, 19:02 (2976 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

FarCry Primal btw is pretty damn fun. I have never played a FarCry title, and the primitive weapon aspect really appealed to me. I know that they got a lot of hate for the small weapon pool, but i'm really enjoying it. The environments are gorgeous, and i could just spend hrs running around hunting down animals.

Never having played a Far Cry game is why you like Primal, I think. It gets hate because it's a literal reskin of Far Cry 4 released as a $60 game. If it had been released as a cheaper (and shorter!) standalone experience like Blood Dragon was with Far Cry 3, it'd probably be pretty good.

As it stands, it's a moderately interested concept stretched way too far in order to try and justify a full game price tag.

That, and Far Cry is basically the new Assassin's Creed, in that it's a formula that's been rehashed so many times with so little advancement that I think people are starting to get sick of it. I certainly am.

So anyway, there's that. I'm not trying to jump all over you are anything--I think it's great that you enjoy it. I just couldn't. ):

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread