Not everything is supposed to be "fun". (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 11, 2016, 16:29 (2976 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'll say something different. I thought the ending was good. I went though figuring one of us was going to be a murderer but I liked the ending. I liked the game fine, too. 7/10. It wasn't fun, though, in the same way listening to the Clive Merrison Sherlock Holmes radio dramas (the superior Holmes, IMO), isn't fun. We can still have a good time.

For whatever it's worth, I liked the ending too. The resolution of that plot was fine, but though whole spiral into conspiracy itself was really dumb. At the end of the day, that's the game they wanted to make, but I'd have much rather played the game it was at the beginning--a man dealing with his feeling of failure, his totally shitty situation, maybe his struggle of falling in love with some woman he's never even met. That seems infinitely more interesting than thinking they're being a part of some experiment or conspiracy.

I enjoyed the game while I was playing it, so maybe that counts as "fun" but it's certainly not anything resembling the "fun" I feel when playing something like Destiny or more traditional video games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread