Hey, cool down (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Friday, March 11, 2016, 20:26 (2975 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Avateur, Friday, March 11, 2016, 20:31

I still find it funny that after years of dealing with this from Cody, others, or myself, you haven't figured out that it's not worth responding to or putting in the time or effort if you think whatever was said was out of arrogance or malice or whatever. Or just realizing that even though something may be posted bombastically, it may be due to feeling strongly about whatever is being stated in said opinion as opposed to trying to be hostile. Much like your complaints to Cody or myself ring true time and again, your (and a select few of others') reactions pop up as identical as before.

I would say that you, and those same few people, just don't like Cody, myself, or others very much (with or without good reason, I'm not denying culpability here), and enjoy turning whatever posts into something more instead of just taking them at face value. Cody may or may not learn, but apparently hasn't. I learn but sometimes just don't care about tone and post for some silly reason (you'd be proud if you knew how many times I don't post my thoughts when I feel they'll contribute nothing even if they'd make me happy to post). You also don't learn and get into these exchanges. Generally, nothing productive comes from any of it, I suppose.

This has all been very reflective. I considered making this one of those posts that I typed out and closed out of, but nah. Food for thought. Don't take this as a personal attack, please. I just find the whole thing interesting, both from how I go about posting and getting replied to as well as how those like yourself end up perceiving or taking issue with posts and replying. A bunch of us have a lot to learn still. It's frustrating sometimes, fun other times, and sometimes we all end up a lot better because of it. Either way, I enjoy reading your posts and agree with them most of the time (even when they're putting me in line). Other times I horribly, absolutely disagree with you all over the place (not the majority of the time).

Oh, and I also find it interesting how people here can totally throw down here at DBO and sometimes literally within minutes join up in Destiny and laugh about it and play together and have a blast all while the forums (or those particular players and their friends while on the forums) implode a bit. We're a weird bunch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread