I love it so far (Gaming)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, March 10, 2016, 10:49 (2977 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

While the shooting Mechanics are sloppy, the story lacking, I cant stop playing it. I am a very big Tom Clancy fan. The last game I got was Splinter Cell Blacklist. I watching some of the Rainbox Six Siege and was not too impressed (Rainbow six was probably my least favorite of the Clancy Games).

Mechanics:

The game overall feels smooth, which was not how I remember during my short beta time. The shooting is choppy, and do not allow for landing every bullet. I found myself using Assault rifles up until late last night. I picked up a Military Scar-H, which is a 20 round semi-auto rifle. I put a rifle scope on it and took to the streets. I immediately fell in love again. Consistently landed all of my shots. I never tried one before because of the DMG rating on it was always lower than my current auto rifle. HOWEVER, if you actually look at the stats, the DPS doesnt necessarily mean stronger. My auto rifle had a damage of 438 per shot, while the Scar was 1000(don't hold me to the numbers). Try all the guns and see what you like.

The ability to Mod/craft weapons and gear is nice.

User Interface- AMAZING. At first I was annoyed by all of the indicators that tell you where you can take cover. After looking through the options, you can actually turn that off, and turn off the settings that allow the UI to move erratically. After doing that my game experience got a lot better. The world map is also great. It loads instantly, is simple yet effective, and the waypoint markers are clear and positioned so that they are easy to find but never in the way.

Gear- I feel alot less attached to my gear than Destiny. The armor relatively looks all the same, but the subtle changes are nice. The appearance gear (jacket, shirt, scarf) are all I really care about because they stand out. As far as weapons, I just look at the stats and roll with it. This can be good and bad.

TL:DR I am loving the Division. I found a couple guys I have played with every night since tuesday and we have alot of fun. I do not feel rushed when playing the game. Most games i just find myself sprinting to the objective skipping all the side stuff/collectibles. In this game, I do not feel rushed. Its like a nice walk in Central Park, with guns. and Cleaners with flamethrowers..

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread