'Waypoint' Claims Racist Logo in Destiny 2 (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:17 (2415 days ago) @ electricpirate

I had a whole thing typed up and I accidentally lost it. Suffice it to say, the board you're talking about (/pol/) is a lot more complicated than being "the white nationalist board", the symbol itself isn't based on the Nazi flag (the flag it's often used on is however), and someone bad using a symbol doesn't make the symbol bad. Please do not view things so simply. (No I'm not defending the people that use the symbol, not that those people are even all the same.)

I'm fully aware of the history and population of 4Chan, /pol/ etc. I understand that much of it is just transgressive and dark play. I also don't give a fuck. If you want to joke with the white supremicist, I'm not going to give you a pass because you think breaking social norms is fun.

Well I'm not going to give you a pass on simplifying things to the point of making them look like something else to suit your desires. You don't need to give me a pass or condemn me. You should give a fuck about what things really mean and where they come from because it's vital to understanding them, and to condemn without understanding is prejudice, which I legitimately don't want to see anyone doing.

The design poposfully echos a lot of fascist logos like Traditionalist workers party, American Vanguard, Nazi, Golden Dawn etc.

Now that's a more relevant and interesting argument. One influence is satire, or exaggeration, several is... well it's either a much better satire (which is cool) or a sign of acceptance of those influences. You should have said that in the first place. It looks like you got cut off, what were you going to say?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread