'Waypoint' Claims Racist Logo in Destiny 2 (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:28 (2413 days ago) @ Korny
edited by General Vagueness, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:32

I read through this whole thread and... yikes. Real talk here. It doesn't matter what the origins of this particular symbol are-- people have an issue with it because it was used by an actual real-life white supremacist group who attended an actual real-life white supremacy rally that resulted in one death. Bungie doesn't want to be associated with white supremacy groups that use a symbol that's very close to something in their game, so they decided to change it. No matter where it came from or who used it originally, Bungie is reacting to a real life scenario.

That's all a true and fair point, but nobody here even remotely implied that Bungie shouldn't remove the symbol, regardless of context.

I implied they shouldn't remove it, and intentionally so. It's not the same symbol, it was not created to cause people grief, and the whole thing does not matter. If they want to that's their call, it doesn't bother me, but if it was me I'd probably leave it. (Of course, if it was me, it wouldn't happen because I browse these places on regular. You'd be surprised how handy it is to be familiar with the lowest people on the Internet.)
It really is funny. I don't respect you as a person because you act like an asshole, but I at least respected your commitment to the principles of not restricting speech and saying what you really think and feel, and here you are on DBO 90% locked down so as not to get banned or rather told off by mods and so you get to play with people. It's to the point you act like someone with a different personality (except when it shows through like piss on a drunk man's blanket).
You've eviscerated yourself. That is to say, you have no guts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread