That’s one of my favourite musical moments in any game... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 14, 2017, 16:24 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Totally possible, and totally fair. That’s the risk that the artist/composer/designer takes when they are a bit more forceful with guiding the feelings of the viewer/player/whatever. Sometimes to run into a wall or an emotional mismatch and it just doesn’t work for some people.

I mean, music is literally half of the sensory experience in games / films. It's not just there to "guide the feelings". It's an integral part of the work. It's only a risk insofar as the act of expression through art is itself a risk.

Music can completely drive a scene:

But so can lack of music:

Knowing when to use music and when to not is super important. And while I'm walking through an area because I don't yet have a sparrow, I don't think I should be hearing epic music.

Just my opinion man.

Yeah, both great examples. And everything I was talking about with regards to D2 was in relation to that 1 sequence, immediately after leaving the city. You and others have mentioned having issues with loud m, epic music playing on loop while out on patrol... I haven’t noticed that myself (which is strange, now that I think about it. I don’t remember it happening, but I don’t remember it not happening either.).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread