May I rescind my partial agreement with you? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 16, 2017, 12:30 (2377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Chalk it up to misreading my inputs and misremembering. There were some tracks that underwhelmed me initially, and it's difficult to tease out my opinion of a piece with whether a moment was appropriately or artfully scored, which was the point I was granting you.

This weekend I played a sizable chunk of the campaign and adventures with a new character on the PS4, and maybe the soundtrack has grown on me, but I couldn't identify a moment when the music wasn't pretty great and appropriate to the moment. (I also highly recommend playing adventures on each planet as a chunk--especially on Nessus).

Marty has an uncanny talent for evoking emotion with music, and the weakest music in D2 is not as evocative as Marty's weakest scores, but that said, when D2's soundtrack is great, it's really great. The Kronos Quartet pieces and their use in the game are absolutely stellar IMHO. And I had no problem with the interstitial music. It seemed up to Bungie's established high standard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread