I absolutely refuse to use exploits. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 07:09 (1743 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Standing offer on anything you want to run, BtW.

I appreciate the offer, and I'll take you up on it at some point. I'm at the Guardian kills step for Malfeasance, so I need a squad to run Gambit. I'm pretty close to halfway done with that step, I think.

Not a problem at all. I love Gambit. Malfeasance is one of the most reliable and fun hand cannons in my opinion. It's fantastic against Taken, super super useful if you're running Reckoning.

I've been getting better about asking people to run stuff with me. I hate to feel like a burden. I know I'm not--folks here mostly like to help with whatever random shit as much as I do. I got Cruel and Korny to run Zero Hour with me last week to get Outbreak Perfected (after spending an hour getting Korny's second character ready for the mission--that set up is longer than I remember!).

Haha, funny you mention this. Last night I had those two drag me through the Heroic version to get my catalyst and my first 20% completed on it. So now I kinda-sorta can run that with a competent fireteam and not feel like dead weight. Big ups to Team KevinMouglas/NornyDunky. Love you guys.

I don't mind "working" for cool rewards--I've found that Destiny is a far better game if you take it in stride and just use those things as long term goals rather than something to grind for as fast as possible.

I just don't particularly like the associated Triumphs for getting Bad Juju. I feel like I'm being shoehorned into some stuff that I wouldn't necessarily want to do otherwise, and I especially hate the "with Leviathan themed" caveat to them. Let me use what I want to use Bungie, not what you think I should.

Weirdly enough, the normal exotic quests feel fine by comparison. I don't actually know what the difference is, as the Bad Juju stuff is ostensibly far more player-friendly with more options than something like Malfeasance, which has no other options besides just playing Gambit. Those Triumphs just feel worse somehow. Maybe it's just how daunting it all seems. I dunno.

Yeah, normally I don't feel this way about almost any of wickets we have to go through to unlock exotics; but for some reason everything about the Bad Juju quest just rubs me the wrong way. I'm definitely at a point where I've earned most of the things I want; so it's now down to seeking things like the Mountaintop, or the Telesto Catalyst.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread