Wait... (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:38 (1738 days ago) @ narcogen

The idea that "just de-level yourself and you'll only be matched with others doing this... I don't know, is that guaranteed?

Yes (insofar far as anything can be guaranteed in matchmaking). The Forge matchmaking has been demonstrated to be based on light level - you get matched with people close to your light. Granted if there are only three people playing forges in the world, I'm sure they'd be matched regardless of their light. But the reality is that there are many people going into forges at 600+ expecting to play, and many people people going into forges below 500 light expecting to AFK farm. In my personal experience, I've never matchmade with someone from the other population (and I've both farmed and completed over 100 forges). Unfortunately there are people who AFK without lowering their light - those people are dicks and it's OK to hate and report them.

Note that the initial enemy light level in the Forge is 610 - anyone going in with less than 560 will be unable to damage even the lowest level enemies, never mind compete the encounter.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread