THAB - More Good Ideas Addition (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:49 (1427 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What is a Godroll in this game right now? What has it been for a while? While it varies per gun, with magazines, scopes, and what not, but you can guarantee it's probably this: Reload Boosting Perk & Damage Boosting perk. It's fun and very effective but it's not healthy to the game.

But that's NOT the only godroll in the game. During the easy-farm Fractaline season, I did some research, watched some videos from streamers who've tested this stuff to hell and back. The accepted 'godroll' for Traveler's Judgement 5 was Rapid Hit/Tap the Trigger (yes, Rapid Hit falls into your class, but Tap the Trigger does not).

Recently, I played with unoudid as he farmed for his godroll Ether Doctor - he was looking for Dynamic Sway Reduction/Rangefinder. Neither perk falls into your categories above.

So I don't buy your initial point. (I guess it was Bungie's initial point, but still...)

HOWEVER, that's not even the biggest argument, for me. Here's the thing: if you say "we want to make people look to other perks, so we're going to nerf them (sorry, "retune them") to make other perks more appealing", it seems to me you've missed one of the critical pieces of being a Destiny player. I'm a Guardian. Along with a small group of colleagues, we've saved humanity from a number of overpowered threats - Gods, even. TREAT ME LIKE ONE.

You could make people focus on other perks SIMPLY BY MAKING ALL RELOADING FASTER, NOT SLOWER. Yes, level it out - ON THE UPPER SIDE. Make the perk irrelevant because it doesn't change my gameplay, but don't do it in a way that makes me feel like a wet noodle.

In short: make me feel powerful. I'll play more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread