And they pull me back in. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 22, 2020, 13:48 (1428 days ago) @ Claude Errera

He didn’t say it explicitly, I guess, but doesn’t the quote he posted and bolded essentially make that point?

No.

I knew when I was posting that I was jumping into a brier patch. Yet I had to give it a go. I'd like to elaborate further, using in part what I've already put down but I honestly wonder if it would be worth the effort at this time. Damed if I do, will anyone understand? Does anyone even want to understand? Damed it I don't, present status quo.

I gotta ask... what ELSE does that quote imply?

I've seen it all over the place, too - and in every case that I can remember, the person posting it was doing so for the same reason that Blue was doing it. To me, it's a pretty obvious implication, and the idea that it was made in D1, and so doesn't really apply to D2 is nonsensical. Either you respect your users' time, or you don't.

I disagree. D1 is not D2. Y'all raided recently, and no doubt you felt the subtle differences. But let us for a moment entertain the concept that D1 = D2 or what have you. Well then folks, if that truly is the case, then ALL THIS EMOTION AND TEXT AFTER TEXT AND RANT AFTER RANT... is bullshit. Then Sunsetting is a good idea, and we the entire fanbase have simply grown gluttonous. Shoot, it might still be the case, how are we to know until we get there. I agree it sure doesn't feel that way right now.

We've done this before. This "Sunsetting". Back in D1 we did this, and the sky didn't fall. It still sucked, yes, but the game was still trying to figure out what it was. With Destiny 2, after 2 Years 8 Months since Destiny 2’s launch, the concrete in understanding what this game is wholly about has set. The gameplay loop, while always changing here and there, has been fairly solid for a long time and now Bungie is pecking at the very foundations (and choosing the worst methods to do it might I add).

I'm honestly curious about what you think people are being lazy about - what else could it POSSIBLY mean? Or, more relevantly, what POSSIBLE justification could there be for saying that Bungie shouldn't be held to account for this philosophy change?

Hmm. Y'all didn't see when it happened, but as I was writing this portion of the rebuttal here I relalized I could sum up alot by saying what I've said here before; "It's not what you say but how you say it." It's the easiest description I can give without breathlessly going into a long bit of text that possibly few will get anyway.

Yet it there is also one more thing I thought of that can present alot of what I would like to say simply; My protest is of the Hive Mind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread