Sokath, his eyes uncovered!!! :D (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:10 (1431 days ago) @ Vortech

I think I know what Insane is trying to say, here. Let me take a shot: People are posting it like it's a trump card. They are being a "rules lawyer" to steal a phrase from another part of gaming. So, if they are posting that with the implication that they "won" under the rules of Argue with Bungie: the Game, Insane is saying their trump card is invalid because bungie didn't technically say that about D2 so that card is from a different set and not valid for play. Also possibly, we have the "I voted for it before I voted against it" problem where people are holding that up as a flip-flopping problem or as hypocrisy, when you could instead look at it as being reasonable and changing your opinion as you gain more knowledge and experience given that the statements are separated by a fair amount of time for things to have changed. ...

...people trying to do some low-effort argument by copying in some old statements rather than taking the time to make their own argument...

[image]

OH MY GOODNESS I'M SO HAPPY! AAAA! I'm ALIVE!

...Seems to me like you should either put in more effort to be understood, or put in no effort and give up the enterprise all together...

...you trying to shut down people being a rules lawyer by finding a way to exclude them through strict and unshared interpretation of the rules (which do not have universal agreement anyway) is really just more of the problem. ...

...right now you seem to have found the nadir of value along the effort scale where what effort you do put in is largely wasted in confusion.

I'm going to say... mostly correct. The only way to get better at something is by doing. With conversations, of all types, that means I must speak. Here, I must do it with words alone. I'm not shaking hands, looking you folks in the eye, complementing a suit or a dress. Holding my back straight and true while doing some rendition in charm, should I have any. Such social bits mean nothing here. We're characters, made alive in text alone. I'm to battle the unknown interpretation of an international crowd whom find myself addressing. You can see what I mean in this thread... the responses and choices to engage are very different. Thus, I must reject some of your input, as the answer you essentially present is death.

And I did realize after the fact that the approach I made was not without irony. Made quite the chuckle after the slight slap to the noggin. As I stated... somewhere around here, I felt in the moments instance that a response was under the clock. It was this that overpowered other factors that said... to be simple... "Stop".

There is an adage; "This too shall pass". Had I stopped and not put my words under the other deadline of getting back to bed, I would of been able to speak at least with touch more... consideration. Like, in fact, I've been doing here in this text. I've edited this like... a dozen times already.

Thank you for your read and input, Vortech.

Also... as a side note, I've never heard of the phrase "rules lawyer" nor the word "nadir" before, so thanks for that too. ^_^ Gonna see if I can add that to the lexicon! (Sorry someguy.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread