Thank you. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 22, 2020, 21:51 (1434 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I was going to message you on live, but then I said... I should check, and here we are. This is my last post of the evening, as its getting far too late, with mistakes and lessons to be learned. As you may imagine, this has been a very trying evening. A good evening, with much to learn and reflect from, but trying all the same. I did not step away. I stayed put until I had no more to say, provided there was anyone there truly willing to listen. Some responses have genuinely surprised me, as I've been posting here for years. I suppose in result I presumed too much benefit of the doubt.

!? It doesn't, nor is is intended, to be that way at ALL! Once again, thank you for your honest input. I still have so much work to do in practice.

I was hoping that was the case. If it will help, here's a breakdown.

So... you think I'm trying to insult you? Man. I'm done with this back and forth.

It comes across as if you're accusing Claude of being too entrenched in his arguments to have a rational perspective. This is after he just told you that he waited to weigh in on this because he wanted to have a clear head.

It sure didn't read that way to me in the moment. It left me aghast. Hence.

You're in too deep Wu. And... I'm sorry. I couldn't get through. I'm sorry.

This was probably intended genuinely, but when you say it in context, it sounds like you just couldn't break through Claude's entrenched position. It actually comes out as if you've "found the correct perspective" and are trying to break through and share your light with a person clouded in the fog. I know you never said those words, but that is the sense of it when you've just told him he's in too deep.

Yeah, I filled out a lot from those couple sentences, but that was the immediate feeling that came to mind when I read them. It was frankly pretty uncharacteristic of you.

You are correct. I meant the letter of the words, genuinely. I'm still sad about it. Even now looking over it... I don't know what else to say. IT SUCKS. I hate it. I even tried threatening my Brain with a Q-tip - NOTHING WORKED! Eh, such is life.

We don't play much, but your actions have been very kind. It's been, unfortunately, very refreshing. Thank you for your caring bluntness, Robot Chickens. Be well. ^_^

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread