THAB - More Good Ideas Addition (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:20 (1432 days ago) @ bluerunner

Bungie is redeemimg their unpopular decisions and broken quest of the last week by letting us know that they are nerfing popular reloading perks and there will be less loot next season.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49126

This is good. Painful and distressing, but good. Fortunately the concept of why is far less analogous, and easier to explain. First, I'm going to quote myself from here...

The perk pool could definitely use a tune up, and I would go so far as to blanket remove raw damage buff perks entirely. Kill Clip or Rampage? Gone, replaced with something else. Vorpal Weapon? Still there, as its boost is conditional, not "raw-m0re-damage-all-the-things".

Confession time. There is something satisfyingly visceral to a reload in games. It's honestly musical, probably because it's all sound deigned. I focused on Damage perks alone because I really enjoy weapons with reload perks in Destiny 2, even though I know it's all so fundamentally broken. I didn't want to admit it then, as I still wanted to hope. A sort of "Don't say anything or Sage will nerf it" type deal.

What is a Godroll in this game right now? What has it been for a while? While it varies per gun, with magazines, scopes, and what not, but you can guarantee it's probably this: Reload Boosting Perk & Damage Boosting perk. It's fun and very effective but it's not healthy to the game. Even with the various variants in type or distribution of the benefit, it's stagnating. It makes other perks fundamentally irrelevant. There needs to be more variety in perks and they say as much in this TWAB. One way to do that is make it so that reload perks don't hold all the cards in their assist towards the kills. It hurts, but it's the right thing to do.

Back, not sure how long ago now, you made a thread where you mentioned that in the Menagerie you could get a Fusion Rifle with Feeding Frenzy. Feeding Frenzy is, was my JAM. I got a Fusion Rifle with Feeding Frenzy & Back Up Mag. It was a blast to use, literately. With this TWAB, I now know that it's to be fundamentally fully nerfed now, and I admit I do feel an air of sadness. It was so much fun to use as it was. Perhaps it still will be... for a few months. :/

With all that said, there is one more thing. The WORST thing Bungie has ever done.

• Hipfire Grip -- Now helps you hit shots closer to ADS ranges, still doesn't affect damage dropoff or magnetism.
    • 1.2x aim assist falloff.
    • +15 aim assist.
    • +1.7 degrees precision hip fire angle threshold.
      • By default, when hip-firing a weapon, the center of your reticle must be over a target in order to get a crit, otherwise aim assist will give you a body shot. This change gives you a little leniency, so if the center of your reticle is not directly over a target you will still get the crit if you’re within this angle.
      • Has no effect on Sniper Rifles.

Has no effect on Sniper Rifles!? Well CRAP! There goes the 360 No-Scope Meta. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread