My goodness. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 22, 2020, 14:50 (1428 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Note... I have moved around the quote for the sake of topic coherence.

But wait... let's back up a step. You're saying that the only way I can say that if that statement applies to D1, that it should apply to D2, is if I agree that they're the same game?

I don't buy that argument for a second.

Bungie hasn't made a loot game before... but let's say they'd come out with Halo: Reach, and said "we've decided Saved Films are too much trouble, we're not including them any more", I'd have been unhappy. For the same reason I'm unhappy here. And I would argue that Halo: Reach is NOT Halo 3.

It's not about them being the same game. It's about them doing something, getting community backlash for it, APOLOGIZING BECAUSE THEY HADN'T CONSIDERED THE CONSEQUENCES... and then doing it again anyway.

Yes, they did this in D1. Yes, we all know that - that quote came from the backlash from that very action! "We sunset a lot of weapons, we hadn't realized it would make you feel like we disrespected you, we won't do that again." That's what they were saying.

And yet, here they are again, doing it again.

No, the sky won't fall. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed that present-day Bungie decided the lesson that 5-years-ago Bungie learned wasn't relevant any more.

Again, I get it, I (mostly) agree with you. What you have just put here HAS 1000X more meaning than that Copy and Paste! THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU! How would Bungie know that unless you write it out. I guarantee you, if EVERY ONE OF US wrote down our thoughts about this and sent it to Bungie, like alot of what I've elicited now, it would have 1000X more oomph. It would have more meaning and substance, than all of us mindlessly copy and pasteing that DAM'd quote as if it was a letter to Harry Potter, left to be recklessly interpreted again as if from the Monkeys Paw.

My protest is of the Hive Mind.

You blew up after ONE post (Bluerunner's). Nobody else here had mentioned that post at all. ...

... Okay, I guess I understand that - but did you really believe that Bluerunner (of all people) was blindly hive-minding along rather than think that maybe he really was disappointed by the change in attitude?

You jumped on him as though you were totally sick of the flood of repeated arguments... when, in reality (as you even acknowledged), his was the FIRST instance of that argument here. That seems pretty unfair of you.

NO! NO NO NO! DO YOU EVEN READ WORDS!!!

This isn't directed at anyone. Blue, you are as much a victim (or whatever the right blasted word would be) as any of us can be.

I saw that it was here, and was saddend. WHO posted it is irrelevant. I mean, shit, I respect that I may have done a piss poor job in describing what I see. Knowing I was about to go against the grain, I should not have posted something so fundamentally challenging so late. Yet when I saw it I knew there was no more time. It been spreading like wildfire, and I was afraid what it was to elicit here. Seems I was mistaken, its far far too late now. "The disease was already here". But DAM IT! If you don't even read the dam words, that ain't on me! I RESENT IT!

Jumped on BLUE? Please. The audacity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread