Bungie Stream: Introducing Season of the Arrivals (Destiny)

by Simpsons Rule @, Tuesday, June 09, 2020, 10:04 (1409 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm glad they're taking a practical approach to their content updates through vaulting, and I feel like it marks a significant change from the attitude I saw during the transition from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2. The original plan for Destiny 2 didn't allow you to import your guardian from Destiny 1. I was always shocked by that because it felt like such a disconnect between the developers and players. We tend to grow attached to our characters and their accomplishments - being okay with the idea of tossing them aside was very odd (although they completely made up for it with the "legacy" cutscene at the start of Destiny 2).

Luke said it best, they don't want to slap another number on the box. I can appreciate that. I think it helps keep the continuity of the game intact. Vaulting seems like a great compromise to the alternative, which is losing it all for a Destiny 3 due to the size of game assets. It also avoids the feeling of getting content taken away from me only so I can pay for it a second or third time.

-SR

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread