This (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, June 12, 2020, 12:50 (1405 days ago) @ Korny

I wasn't really expecting Cody to bother reading what 'vaulting' meant. :)

Keep in mind that Vaulted content will be returned piecemeal, and several of the Red War's campaign locations are getting vaulted, and joining the entirety of D1's content in the vault.

I highly doubt they'd unvault all of the locations at once for a season just for the sake of having people play through the often mediocre story missions (Io, anyone?), so yes. It's entirely possible (and probable) that the Destiny 2 campaign will be gone forever, unless Bungie overhauls it in some major ways.

PS. DE has only ever vaulted two raids in Warframe (back in 2018), due to bugs and low population in their matchmaking, with promises to tweak and polish them before re-releasing them. They have not even begun to talk about bringing them back. Given how big Destiny 1 was, and just how much of D2 is being cut, it may be years before some of the D2 content comes back, if it ever gets pulled from the vault.

That's my take as well.

My personal hope is that locations are used dynamically going forward and they lean into the, "this is Destiny now" idea. If they come back, hopefully they reflect the passage of time we've experienced (that being said, unvaulting Sepiks goes against this). It would just be nice to get some sense that stuff we've done changed the game world. Hopefully this allows them to do that.

My hopes aren't high for this though...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread