Weapon sunsetting in action (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 09:35 (1387 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 09:39

I’m trying to figure out how much I care. I genuinely mean that. In principle, it sucks. It reeks of laziness.

In practice, I have never grinded for a specific roll on a gun ever. It’s just not how I play the game. I just take what I get and use it, and replace it when better rolls come along.

Having to eventually build other armor sets is a real ball ache, though.

I get that. It’s a great approach, really. I drifted between both approaches. Sometimes I’d grind for a specific roll, others I’d happen across something and really like it. But either way, the whole justification for sunsetting was, in short, that Bungie needed to clear our old stuff out of the way to make room for new stuff, and to keep that cycle going in the future. This implementation already shows the lie in that. They’re not getting Arsenic Bite “out of the way” by introducing ANOTHER Arsenic Bite that is identical in every way, except with a higher level cap. Whether you have a gun that you grinded for a specific roll, or just stumbled into one you like, Bungie is essentially just adding a “grind tax” by making you reacquire it if you’d like to keep using it. And it sucks even more if you care about a specific roll.

*edit*

Also, not everyone will care about this, but lots of players care about their masterwork kill counters. For those players, it sucks to have to reacquire their favourite weapon, AND lose their kill count in the process. Why not just let them infuse their original up?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread