Adding random rolls back was a mistake (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 12:19 (1387 days ago) @ squidnh3

Bungie should have had enough faith in their design to ignore the community on that one. It's only caused more and more problems

Except that the weapons ostensibly most responsible for the sunsetting philosophy (Mountaintop, Recluse, Revoker) are static rolls. Even in the static rolls environment there was clear weapon "overuse" - Uriel's Gift anyone?

This is actually part of why I liked Pinnacle weapons being so dominant in the crucible... I knew EXACTLY what I was up against. If I’m facing a player who has Not Forgotten and Mountaintops, I know exactly how MY Not Forgotten and Mountaintop will stack you against his. But as soon as I’m facing a Spare Rations or a mindbenders, I inevitably run into those “why does his mindbenders seem to kill from further away than mine?” moments.

I don’t actually think any of the pinnacle weapons were breaking PvP (on console), but if we assume I’m wrong on that, I’d much rather the solution be “give them all out to everyone” instead of sunsetting them into oblivion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread