Updated Solstice Event "Bonfire Bash" Thoughts (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 18:47 (639 days ago)

Oh. My goodness. WHAT?

We lost the elemental buffs. We lost the full use of the map, and the game inherently part of that. We lost the random endgame boss. We lost the "find chest" mini game. And to replace all that we got... Run to bad guy. Drop Ball. Throw ball. Repeat. Occasionally get interrupted by Taken. Big Takeen Boss. Loot.

That's it. Yeah, I know, Armor test, but this is about the "Game" called "Bonfire Bash".

There is a saying at Bungie, yes? "We make games we want to play", right? And often we may see that, yes, apparently the folks at Bungie do play their game.

By publishing this "rework" into live is, on the face of it, a self own. I don't know why it was changed. I don't know how much time was given to make it. But of WHATEVER time was given, was GROSSLY underfunded. Aggressively. To "play" this event is depressing. It's just...bad. The first time. And yeah, it still sucks in the second. I'm not sure if I'm going to give it a third unless something about this changes.

It is, with out a doubt, the biggest nothing burger we've seen since Curse of Osiris. Granted, Curse of Osiris was technically DLC (or whatever) while this is only a seasonal event, but, man. It's still a nothing burger. And... how many years has Destiny been in development now?

So, I'm going to let you in on something. Right now, I'm playing around with a post about the internet and Bungie and fans and all kinds of stuff. It's why I haven't filled this post with the more colorful edits my posts can have. And then, while I'm penning my thoughts to such things, Bungie goes and... I'll indulge for a moment, pulls their trousers down and fucking drops THIS soft serve. And that shall be the indulgence for a moment.

I feel mildly insulted. I quite actually feel insulted that I spent my whatever tens of minutes to even try this thing, it's so bad. I feel insulted, AS A BUNGIE FAN. We've done this 1000x more then ever should have been. What has been published today should not be in the state which it is in.

///*Why can't you be normal* *Screaming Child* Meme goes here.///

Bungie drops a steamer. Fans say this stinks. And more and more, time is given to let Bungie get their act together. Is it people? Is it funding? Is it allocated time?... no no, it's time probably, if not technical. I know. But, Bungo, YOU ARE THE ARBITERS OF QUALITY. YOUR NAME IS ON IT!

In the state that this THING, because it sure ain't no game in this event, did this need to be published? Was there honestly, no way to stop this thing from being squeezed out?

And so, in short, from one artist to SOOOOO MANY others... Bungie you should be ashamed of yourselves. How fucking dare you lower your standards to this.

Acta non verba.

(Tower looks kinda nice though.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread