Updated Solstice Event "Bonfire Bash" Thoughts (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 21, 2022, 21:17 (643 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can like something and also wish it was better. I play fucking Destiny, after all.

So uh, ha ha. Very good. Indeed, but...uh... could you elaborate more on your previous post?

You say...

I like the event overall.

...and I'm wondering why that is. You mention you LIKE the challenges...

I like the challenges...

SEE! THERE IT IS!... yet just over a month ago you were mentioning your displeasure with challenges (in this case for Iron Banner). Why was something as (in my view) trivial as Subclass Restriction so bad, yet... (continuing from your quote)

... encouraging activities I haven’t done in ages.

...Is something you're ok with? Cus' we have these things called triumphs, and they are all over the map with things to do. But, in our play time together, triumphs don't strike me as a thing you're much all about. So what makes these challenges so different?

So when I responded with a double take of...

Futurama Robot: "What?!? ... What?!?"

...I was hoping for a touch more than a clever statement. I mean it. Please do take consideration in my expression of confounded surprise what it is I am questioning of you. You "wish it was better", but this is OK? Why is this OK, but something else is just the worst? Was chasing down chests...

I hated chasing down chests

Yes yes, I know I know, I'm getting to that...you said that you hated chasing down chests, so now that we don't have that mini game, does that mean you're glad we can't have 30 second supers any more either, as well as all the other things at this point no longer part of this "event"?

Yes... I do see you mentioned "Special modifiers". I stand by my question. Too much of what you say conflicts.

And yes, I may already have a vague idea on some of your answers to this, and yes some of these questions are very narrow (especially for me), but, I'd rather not presume if I can help it. Please. I made this post, starting out, remarking on my displeasure on what I see with this years "event".

You say other wise.

Re-gale brother.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread