Because there is no need for it. (Gaming)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:22 (3567 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess I'll have this to occupy myself with.

Both the PS4 and XB1 can capture video on the fly, and both have the ability to stream.

Theater mode doesn't really make sense for the kind of game Destiny is- how do you define cut offs? Yeah, there are missions (A set start and stop) just like Halo that can be captured, but what about explore mode? How is your console going to store such a potentially large file? How is record going to handle when there are other guardians\friends potentially dropping in and out around you? What about recording in the tower? Should the game do that?

Essentially, I think it is unreasonable to record in this kind of game because it's "always on" and the engagements last longer than Halo because they are not separated the same way.

If the game was going to have it, I think we'd have heard about it by now.

But I know that doesn't make your heart ache for it any less :(

Other features from Halo

Forge does not make sense for Destiny.

I don't see it working for the kind of multi-player destiny offers. It's just not the same.

Fire fight kinda makes sense for Destiny, but then again, all Destiny is, is just a giant open version of Fire Fight, with mini Fire Fight events sprinkled in (defend this object FF, take out this important guy FF, blow up this huge guy FF).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread