Besides, "need" is such a strong word... (Gaming)

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 19:10 (3567 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's not that theater is gone- it's just evolved.

I'm pretty damn happy I can record from ANY game thanks to the console. It's not just limited to Halo and people with capture equipment now.

I was really just disagreeing your impression of it being technically infeasible. I don't see why you think films would be much bigger, nor do I think it would be impossible to split long films or create skip points.

To me, the fact that several games this gen already have photomodes where there were none before kinda shows that just screen-capping gameplay is... limiting.

There were these beautiful montages in Halo 3 & Reach that took advantage of the fly-cam to give interesting perspectives on the action. As well as break up the monotony of scoped sniper headshot after scoped sniper headshot.

Not going to be possible in Destiny. It's a shame.

p.s. sacrificing control of your footage to cloud services, suffering from ugly compression and with local upload bandwidth constraints; the in-built recorders are absolutely no substitute for theatre and dedicated capture hardware. I've seen what the Xbone does to footage of Titanfall and it's horrendous. I can barely watch it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread