Theater and stuff (Gaming)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 20:31 (3735 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by General Vagueness, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 20:47

[subject:] Because there is no need for it.

There wasn't any need for theater either, but they added it and kept having it.

I guess I'll have this to occupy myself with.

Both the PS4 and XB1 can capture video on the fly, and both have the ability to stream.

So? That doesn't do me, playing on the 360, any good. Those newer consoles don't have a detachable camera either. Does any system but the PS4 even have a screenshot capability? The lack of theater would definitely sting less if they just gave us a screenshot capability (something like the one brought up in the original post would be great, but even just snapshots would be good).

Theater mode doesn't really make sense for the kind of game Destiny is- how do you define cut offs? Yeah, there are missions (A set start and stop) just like Halo that can be captured, but what about explore mode? How is your console going to store such a potentially large file? How is record going to handle when there are other guardians\friends potentially dropping in and out around you?

Halo 3, ODST, and Reach seemed to handle those OK.

What about recording in the tower? Should the game do that?

yes

Essentially, I think it is unreasonable to record in this kind of game because it's "always on" and the engagements last longer than Halo because they are not separated the same way.

why?

If the game was going to have it, I think we'd have heard about it by now.

Well yeah, that's why people are saying they doubt it.

But I know that doesn't make your heart ache for it any less :(

:(

Other features from Halo

Forge does not make sense for Destiny.

As it stands it doesn't look like it, but it only looks that way because it looks like Destiny won't even have any custom games at all, which takes away the whole point of Forge.

I don't see it working for the kind of multi-player destiny offers. It's just not the same.

...what?

Fire fight kinda makes sense for Destiny, but then again, all Destiny is, is just a giant open version of Fire Fight, with mini Fire Fight events sprinkled in (defend this object FF, take out this important guy FF, blow up this huge guy FF).

It doesn't really make sense to have it be a separate thing. Some missions or strikes that are built around defense would pretty much be Firefight. That would be an interesting thing to have, actually, they could do just that, maybe even pattern it after a Firefight map.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread