Because there is no need for it. (Gaming)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:37 (3735 days ago) @ Kermit

Is there something wrong with my hoping for theater mode? You've posted a variation of this before when I've mentioned it, and I don't get why it seems so unreasonable to include the feature, given Bungie's history with it (BTW, it's not a Halo thing. Marathon and Myth had films, too.)

No not at all, and in fact I've never disagreed with you that theater mode is an awesome tool and adds many possibilities to a game.

I've posted a variation of my views because you posted a variation of yours- you opened the discussion :P

Where I think it is unreasonable is that this generation of console offers tools that the previous gen did not, and one of those is video recording (and while it is not as robust as Bungie's theater mode of Halo 3 and Reach, it's still better than the myriad of games that didn't offer it at all)

Second, a good bit of my favorite fan-created content could not have been made with only video capture. Video capture simply does not replace theater mode.

I agree 100% with you.

But that doesn't change my reasoning as to why they may have decided to leave it out.

Lastly, I don't think you understand how films worked. The game engine and assets are what take up space. I'm not saying Destiny doesn't present unique technical hurdles. Halo did, too, else the first two games might have had them.

Perhaps I don't, but on that same token, maybe the way Halo had saved films is not possible in Destiny for the exact same reasons you mentioned, and to expect Bungie to include them just because they did for previous games is unreasonable.

Like I said, if the game is going to have them, we probably would have heard about it by now. Maybe they have other plan. Maybe it will come later as a patch or expansion. Maybe they're testing the waters. I don't know, and neither does anyone else until they tell us.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread