Weight

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 25, 2013, 10:14 (4017 days ago) @ stabbim

Yes, yes! This! The worst thing about the previous versions was the shape of the grips. They were just sort of cones with the point rounded off. The sides were made up of straight lines, if that makes sense. I've seen in the shots of the DS4 that the grips have curves, very similar to the 360 controller. Which is the right way to go. Holding the old DualShocks for any substantial time was not comfortable.

Hadn't noticed that they changed to concave sticks, but you're right about that as well. Again, I feel this is the right way to go. There might be a few people out there who prefer convex, but I haven't met any of them. Even my friends who are really into their PS3s all think the controller sucks.

Another thing I notice is that the PS3 controller feels too light for me. I'm not sure why exactly, but I like that the 360 controller has a little bit of heft. Not so much weight that it's a problem over long gaming sessions, but enough that it feels comfortable in my hands. I hope the PS4 controller adds a little bit of weight.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread