Interesting ideas

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 18:27 (4008 days ago) @ Xenos

He is 100% right about the Wii U sadly, but he mentions that making a new console that makes it harder to develop for is never a winning strategy and talks about it as if it is true about the PS4 and XBox 720. From what has been announced about the PS4 though it'll be EASIER to develop for than the PS3 and from the rumors the 720 may end up being similar. I mean the PS3 is basically just a PC with a few bells and whistles. Who knows though, I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah. His article did seem a bit out of touch. Both Sony and Microsoft are supposedly going for decent but not totally groundbreaking PCish designs. And I'm excited for the new consoles because the additional RAM and processing power will help even PC games become bigger and better. So many games are multiplatform and the old creaky 512MB main RAM consoles have got to be holding the 16GB+ PC's back.

It sure would have been nice if Halo 4 and Destiny could have been held back a while longer to focus solely on the new hardware, profits and marketability be damned.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread