You'd finally be able to play games on an Apple Computer!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 19:56 (4000 days ago) @ kapowaz

Yeah I have 2 Macs myself, I still find it funny though. there are still about 3x as many games at least on PC though, which is why I also have a built PC just for gaming.

Bootcamp.

There are more games for Mac than PC, because you get all the Mac-only games as well as all the PC-only games.

When you put it that way, you can also run Mac games on a PC. You can do it with an emulator or a virtual machine... but there can be legal issues and there pretty much will be performance issues, and it's out most people's comfort zone. You could do it like running PC games on a Mac like you described above... if Apple wasn't so touchy and restrictive about their software. You could just install OS X on your PC and run the games that way... if Apple wasn't equally touchy and restrictive about their hardware. You can still actually do that... but only if you have compatible components in your computer, and you need to use special software to mess with how your computer boots, which is something most people and even most relatively knowledgeable computer users shouldn't be messing with. This would be problem... if the Mac had more than a few (still functional) exclusive games that people had heard of, or better versions of multi-platform games. Also with your scenario you still have to make sure your Mac is fast enough and that the chips won't melt when you try to actually make the most of it.
(for the record, I know Microsoft does a lot of the same stuff; that doesn't make it any less bad)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread