Re: stick placement

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 19:37 (4000 days ago) @ Mix

I've noticed my left thumb starts to hurt before my right thumb if I'm only or almost only using them for the sticks, and I'm inclined towards putting that down under better, more natural placement. That's with the controller I have now, though, and maybe the last one. With some 360 controllers it's been the other way around, but it's always one side or the other. I really don't think you can have optimal placement of both sticks at different "heights" like on the 360 controller unless the person using the controller has two hands that are fairly different from each other (like probably asymmetrical). What would really be nice is if the sticks were in a good place, preferably lower down, and they got rid of the d-pad (I know, I'm attached to it too, but I never use it these days) and replaced it with some more buttons, hopefully ones that aren't annoying to reach, and hopefully I'd be able to get used to that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread