^ Yup

by GrimBrother One, Monday, May 13, 2013, 08:46 (4003 days ago) @ Beorn

It's a tough call, because while I agree with a fair bit of what you say, there are things that literally just come across much better in a book, and not very well (if at all) in a game. Books and movies have had this similar relationship for decades. Some of the most amazing bits of the Halo universe have come about because of the books, and while I would love for more to be incorporated and revealed in the games themselves, I wouldn't want to just forgo the excellent book experience and simply be left without those moments just because they don't translate well into the game medium. It's certainly a delicate balance, and I actually think that the Halo series - for all our flak - overall does an excellent job; certainly way better than many other franchises do with the relationship between their various media forms (Star Wars for example).

I would love if Destiny also incorporated some of the best elements of the new trans-media movement, as for me, any new way to experience more of the story is a good thing, provided that the source material itself is giving you a great foundation to work from.

Grim

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread