No main characters from the games

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, May 13, 2013, 11:53 (4003 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Bungie have said repeatedly that you are the main character and have emphasised the customisation of the character and gear.

To that end, I absolutely would NOT want any characters in the books to be main characters in the game. I don't want inside access to huge galaxy-changing events and world-shapers - it takes away the mystery. I don't want my character meeting people in the game for the first time and being all 'who are you?' meanwhile I as a player know that character intimately from a book - that's a massive disconnect.

There is no point following a Guardian in a book since the player IS a Guardian in the game - and that sets up a hero outside of themselves. Anything a Guardian character might do in a book, it would be better to experience that in the game.

Rather, I would prefer stories that explore the lives and struggles that we otherwise wouldn't see in the game. It doesn't have to be grandiose - just engaging. Give us characters that help reinforce the idea that the last city is worth protecting.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread