Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, May 13, 2013, 14:38 (4003 days ago) @ Xenos

I agree with you guys almost completely. I found the mystery in the earlier books and games to be awesome and as soon as I found out about the Precursors I thought it was something of a cop out.

Now a little bit off topic, one thing I think I miss in Halo 4 that was present in the Bungie games was the humor. Halo 4 strikes a much more serious tone than the other games in my opinion. Bungie's writing was good at making jokes during a serious moment without taking away from the drama, and it is definitely something I think is lacking in Halo 4.

Now I feel even more justified in not keeping up with the Halo novels. Really a shame, though. I think,--from a technological standpoint--a work of art (or a particular creative vision) that is crafted and then translated into another medium tends to lose fidelity the most when the medium is more primitive. What it gains in speed of delivery, pretty visuals, and interactivity tends to be the trade-off in the other direction. ILB is one of the very few cases I can think of where this isn't true.

In any case, when the creative engine that births an IP moves on to other things, the subsequent quality of the experience invariably suffers, in my experience. H4 was no exception.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread