^ Yup

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 13, 2013, 09:59 (4002 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I confess that I haven't read them all. I'll also confess that I've yet to have a truly excellent experience with a Halo novel. Fall of Reach was the best one I've read, but I don't get comparing Nyland to truly great writers. Cryptum took me years to finish (literally) because I was bored to death by it. Maybe I have different expectations for books. I don't know.

It requires careful attention (especially with Halo 2), but I think you can get enough information out of the Bungie games to understand what is going on and why. (ODST rocked!) Also, there's a lot to be said to not knowing. The forerunners were much more interesting to me before the auxiliary material started exploring them. Now I guess the Precursors are supposed to fill that void of mystery, but that leaves me feeling a bit like the mark in a game of three-card Monte.

I hope that years from now, before the last Destiny game ships, there is still imaginative space left in which to speculate, mysteries to uncover, and new worlds to explore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread