Agreed

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, May 13, 2013, 14:52 (4003 days ago) @ Malagate

Now I feel even more justified in not keeping up with the Halo novels.

Sadly(?), I'm hooked on the novels for the foreseeable future. Whatever gaffs 343i has made in the handling of the story bible, the writers they've selected to continue to novelizations are first-rate. I've enjoyed the storytelling, and I'm curious to see what they do with the fiction from here, however disappointing the outcome may be. Basically, I'm willing to follow the fiction until doing so becomes intolerable.

In any case, when the creative engine that births an IP moves on to other things, the subsequent quality of the experience invariably suffers, in my experience. H4 was no exception.

In my opinion the thing that 343i lacks that Bungie has in spades is vision. 343i seems more focused on making a game, where Bungie has always been focused first on making a universe. It's something that I hope 343i is able to overcome before they launch Halo 5, but I harbor no illusions that they actually will.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread