Also agree

by GrimBrother One, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:07 (4001 days ago) @ Beorn

I feel the very same way about the Mass Effect universe. Stay. Away. From. Shepard. She should be mine and mine only, and should only be referenced in the most ambiguous of ways. To BioWare's credit, they've actually done a pretty darn good job of cleverly keeping Shepard's role out of all their EU material, and I love it that way. I'm worried about the ME movie because I do NOT want them to involved Shepard, but it's hard to imagine that they would want to stray too far away from that for the movie-going audience. Guess we'll see.

But yeah, I definitely hope that we see more surrounding events and characters, rather than things that would have a completely direct impact on the Guardian we play.

And in talking more about the overall subject at hand, maybe even more than novels, I wouldn't mind seeing a web-series done in-engine (or full CG) that continues to build upon what is happening in the Destiny universe. Doing it like that could also help it feel even more directly connected to the events of the game itself regarding visual style consistency, etc.

Grim

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread