"50%" (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 22:22 (2522 days ago) @ CyberKN

(I think) This is precisely right. In requiring even a modicum of effort to find other players to raid with, the LFG playerbase is filtered to those players who are actually committed to completing the activity.

Hopefully Bungie recognizes this, and Guided Games (or whatever the name is) requires a similar amount of effort, but without the inconvenience of having to sign up and utilize third party websites. It's a difficult balance to achieve, and I look forward to seeing the results.

I think they definitely do from the little they've shown. It's NOT matchmaking, it's suggested teammates. Unlike matchmaking where I could start matchmaking and go grab a drink and the game does everything for me now I'd have to choose from multiple clans and see which one looks like they will gel with how I like to play. That small amount of effort seems like it will make some difference in the quality of teams. As long as there aren't too many clans that are full of jerks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread