"50%" (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 23:36 (2528 days ago) @ Xenos

(I think) This is precisely right. In requiring even a modicum of effort to find other players to raid with, the LFG playerbase is filtered to those players who are actually committed to completing the activity.

Hopefully Bungie recognizes this, and Guided Games (or whatever the name is) requires a similar amount of effort, but without the inconvenience of having to sign up and utilize third party websites. It's a difficult balance to achieve, and I look forward to seeing the results.

I think they definitely do from the little they've shown. It's NOT matchmaking, it's suggested teammates.

It's quite a bit more like matchmaking than the high effort alternatives listed above.

What it is, is dual opt-in matchmaking.

Currently matchmaking only requires one opt-in-- players choose an activity and everyone who has opted in for that activity is eligible to be matchmade. Bungie selects the particular partners, and over this you have no control.

The way GG works, as far as I can see, you have to opt in both to an activity and to one (or perhaps more?) clans from which to choose prospective matches, AND the role (guide or seeker). So if you're looking for help you won't be matched with a bunch of other people looking to help and have no one to.. you know, actually help. And if you're looking for casual players who have working microphones, then that is (theoretically) who you will be matched with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread