"50%" (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 23:32 (2530 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 23:37

Going back a few steps, I am lost as to why this idea of Cody's is a Good Thing. Assume there is an MP only game, no matchmaking. People go on craigslist and find a random player to play with. They don't know the person, they don't have any personal connection. How is this "better" than matchmaking? It takes longer, it's a lot more work (which is not even in the game and NOT FUN), and there is no guarantee the quality of the match would be any better.

Or you play with friends that you actually know. Or you meet people and then play.

You think I go on craigslist when I want to play D&D?

I think there are tons of people who go to LFG when they want to raid. What's your point, really?

People are speaking of the possibility of Bungie having to justify the raids to Activision. As if being the best parts of the game, and the coolest experiences in an FPS needed justification.

My point is, that if every part of the game were similar to the raids - an awesome experience with mandatory co-op and no matchmaking, then it wouldn't need justification and people would get used to that.

Playing with people you know gives you the best D&D experience. People aren't stupid. They will play with people they know for such a hypothetical video game. It's a proven concept that works. This is even justified by the seemingly high numbers of people who have in fact completed a raid.

We do not need matchmaking or guided games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread