"50%" (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 19:03 (2526 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 19:46

The other element to all of this is that even if the raid is only experienced by 22% of the player base, it generates HUGE hours of playtime from those players. From an investment point of view, I'm sure that is something Bungie and Activision would take into consideration. I bet I've spent triple the in-game hours playing raids than I have playing story missions, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Another reason to make the entire game like that :-)

::sigh::

Except for those of us who like the OTHER parts of Destiny.

Cody - we're not all you. Please don't make us all play like you.

I think a huge reason that the raids were played so much was because, for a long time, they were the entirety of endgame content. They were the only way to reach the level cap, and you could be in a single run for hours and hours on end.

I've never particularly liked Vault of Glass, But according to DestinyTracker, I had 57 completions of the raid, not including DNF games (which is easily dozens, if not a hundred more games), the AoT revamp, or the times I'd run it on Sammy's profile. It's a lot.

And one of the big reasons that I ran so many raids was because of the people. I didn't care so much what the activity was, as long as I was having a good time with friends, and most of the time, they wanted to do endgame content. Three runs a week, this boss or that boss, grabbing this or that checkpoint... Raids aren't necessarily the best experience that I've had in Destiny (Trials might be it), but they were pretty much mandatory for a long while (and still are if you want to play with more than two people without having to jump into PvP). That's why I liked Prison of Elders, Crimson Doubles, Trials, Sparrow Racing, and modern Iron Banner. With so many different options, folks had less incentive to do the raid-of-the-season, and none of those options demand as much of a time sink as raiding. Heck, the House of Wolves event was great, because you could jump into a Vault of Glass with five other friends, then go off and hunt the Wolves down Patrol-style (and you could do some pretty great Public Events to boot).

So yeah. Just because we've spent way more time in Raids, doesn't mean that it's because we want more raids, or because they're the most fun in the game. I want more non-raid content that I can enjoy with more friends.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread