Ok, Bungie: time to stop being evasive (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 08:31 (3528 days ago) @ kapowaz

It may be something we WANT to know, but it's not really something we NEED to know. I played countless RPGs as a kid and never knew a thing about the leveling system or the level cap before I picked up any of them. Really I think the only concern would be how clear the system will be in the game. As long as they've done their job right it will be clear enough that we don't need to know ahead of time how it works.

Also, from what I've read (which is every article or tidbit about Destiny I can get my hands on) I think it's actually pretty apparent how the leveling system will work in a general way. Level 20 is the cap for "regular" leveling. This is apparent because multiple screenshots have shown a level on the player card higher than 20, however we've also seen screenshots with level 20 in the character screen, but their player card has a higher level. From everything I've gathered this is because of Light (not to be confused with motes of light which are a currency) which a piece of armor gives us to level us past level 20.

Most of this information can be seen here: http://destinynews.net/light-level/ which seems to agree with my hypothesis.

The information we have definitely doesn't give every detail about how this system will work, but like I said above, as long as it's explained to us well in the game I don't see any reason why we NEED to know now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread